The Systems Theory in Architecture Laboratory (tsa-lab) aims to study the design processes of architectural projects.
To this end, the members of tsa-lab carry out historical, critical and methodological research in architectural design, architectural theory and systems theory.
The tsa-lab’s research is divided into six main themes
– the design of architectural projects (history, criticism and design methods) ;
– the management of complexity in architectural design processes (uncertainty, discontinuity, systems thinking, etc.)
– the contextualisation of architectural projects (technique, economy, culture, sustainability, anthropocene, posthumanism…);
– the set of actors in the architectural project (networks of agents, societal and political consequences);
– the representation of architectural projects (perception, mental image, media, form, geometry, meaning, scale, discontinuity);
– the digitalisation of architectural design (thinking machines, machine thinking, digital culture).
http://www.tsa-lab.be/ (French only)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.