Our work is guided by a vision and mission that enable us to build a strong scientific foundation for better understanding the complex dynamics of people and the planet
Our vision is a thriving and resilient biosphere that enables well-being for all.
Our mission is to:
• advance the scientific understanding of the complex, dynamic interactions of people and nature in the biosphere,
• train the next generation of sustainability researchers and leaders
• engage in collaborations with change agents.
Values and practices
Our vision and mission are accompanied by a set of underlying principles, as well as a collection of values and practices that guide the work culture:
• people and nature are deeply intertwined, co-evolve, and behave as complex adaptive systems
• many patterns, processes and dynamics of the Anthropocene are novel and must be better understood
• Biosphere stewardship can enable transformation towards resilient, sustainable, and just futures
Organizational values and practices that define our working culture:
• scientific rigor and integrity underpin all our work
• a collaborative, trust-based and creative working culture enables us to achieve impact
• learning, experimentation and reflection are promoted in all our activities
• diversity, inclusion, and care are principles championed across the organization
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.