The Spanish Society of General Systems is a non-profit Society that was founded in 1980 to be a national reference for Systemics and a meeting point for the different sectors of society (Social, Political, Economic, Military, Educational, etc.), to address the problems of the 21st century, through the design and application of new models.
Current human conflicts require a new paradigm for their solution. The outdated concepts of the 20th century and previous centuries are no longer valid. It is urgent to design and implement new models for the 21st century, required by the end of the cycle that we must address.
Systems Thinking, based on the General Theory of Systems and the analysis of Complex Systems, is our answer to the elaboration of the Models needed to govern this change.
Since its foundation, the Spanish Society of General Systems has been a forum and tribune for Spanish systemists within the Spanish University. SESGE wants to add to its objectives the incorporation of students and scholars who wish to participate in the practical application of systems thinking to the social, economic and business problems that we must address without delay.
– To investigate, develop and apply the General Systems Theory for the resolution of complex problems, the object of study of the various scientific disciplines.
– To develop and sponsor the elaboration of disciplinary, transdisciplinary and integrated models and their application to solve scientific, technological and cultural, economic and social organization problems.
– To contribute to the unification of scientific concepts, methods and models and their respective vocabularies, intensifying communication between specialists from different fields.
– Promote the teaching of systems theory and organize regional, national and international courses, seminars, symposiums, conferences and colloquia on systems-related topics.
– To support the Spanish representation in national and international associations, societies or federations related to the systemic movement.
– To collaborate with public and private entities for the realization of the indicated objectives, also contracting with them the realization of research and the provision of any other service.
– To publish and reference reports, scientific memoirs, notes, techniques, etc. related to the theory of systems, both in theoretical and practical aspects.
http://sesge.org/ (Spanish only)
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.